Services for Individuals
Home > Services for Individuals
Experience of working with large employers makes us uniquely placed to advise individuals. We know how employers think and operate. We therefore understand how to achieve the best possible solution to any issues you may have at work.
- We can review your employment documentation, such as your offer letter, your contract of employment and any bonus and commission plans. Advising you on where you may need additional protection and conducting negotiations with your employer on your behalf.
- Advising on confidentiality agreements, non-compete restrictions and restrictive covenants.
- Helping you through the disciplinary process if you are being accused of misconduct or poor performance by your employer.
- Advising you on how to deal with any grievances you may have at work and helping you draft formal grievance documents.
- Guiding you through the redundancy process.
- Advising you on the protection you have from discrimination.
- Answering queries on maternity/paternity leave and flexible working requests.
We are authorised to advise you on the terms of your settlement agreement. We will advise you on negotiating exit strategies and termination packages.
Employment Tribunal Claims
Advising you on the various employment claims you may have – such as unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and various forms of discrimination including for age, disability, race and sex.
- Drafting your Employment Tribunal claim
- Drafting an appropriate subject access request under the Data Protection Act to allow you to review the information your employer holds about you.
- Handling your case in the Employment Tribunal – from case management to disclosure, witness statements and advocacy.
We provide a variety of charging options, allowing clients to control and budget for legal costs:
Value for money – even though our knowledge and expertise are comparable, due to being a sole practitioner with lower overheads our charging rates are typically 30% lower than specialist employment solicitors in the
surrounding area and 40-50% lower than specialist employment solicitors in the City of London. Our charging structure is completely transparent. We offer a range of fixed-price services and, a range of retainer schemes that are tailored to your requirements.
- Free initial advice – whenever you face an employment issue, please call us. There are many traps lurking for the unwary and, with our knowledge and experience, those traps can be avoided. You will not be charged for the initial telephone advice, If the matter cannot be dealt with in the initial call, we will discuss our charges with you.
- Employment claim insurance – You may have home insurance cover which also insures you for making a claim in relation to your employment.
Pay as you go – Rosine recognises that a major reason for not consulting solicitors is the fear of legal costs. We are open and transparent about our charges and will work with you to apply a charging structure that suits your needs. In some cases, a fixed or capped charge might be appropriate. All matters are invoiced monthly so you can keep an eye on the costs that have been incurred. You will be provided with a detailed analysis of the time spent on your work.
Personal service – a common complaint from clients who use larger firms is that they are passed on to junior, less experience, employment lawyers to deal with their matter, often without their consent or even being asked beforehand. Rosine will deal personally with each matter for each client.
Flexibility - Rosine will also be available out of office hours should the matter be urgent.
My ex-employer was very aggressive to me after I resigned and tried to prevent me working locally. I was extremely worried and concerned that I would not be able to earn a living for myself and my young daughter. I was advised to see Dawson Employment Law. Rosine was so easy to talk to, she dealt with my ex-employer’s solicitors for me, stopping them from harassing and threatening to sue me, pointing out to them that my contract of employment was not drafted in a way that would could be used to prevent me working as I wished. I then recommended Rosine to a friend who was having serious problems with their employer. Rosine was able to negotiate a settlement agreement for her with a good exit package which she was delighted with. I would highly recommend Dawson Employment Law to anyone needing employment law advice.
Hannah Whitlock, Bedford.
Last year in July I seek the services of Dawson Employment Law to represent me and to claim some damages from my employer at the time whom had just dismissed me after over 14 and a half years of hard work and service.
It was a very difficult time for me and speaking to Mrs Dawson about my case really helped because of the time she spent listening and asking for all the relevant information, I was encouraged by this. She was very helpful from set go and was always available to be contacted by email and phone at any time and she always responsed without delayed.
I found her to be very easy to talk to and very professional in how she represented me and her company, I was very happy with the outcome of the case because of her fighting nature and never give up attitude.
Rosine is approachable, knowledgeable, compassionate and entirely professional. As a result of her assistance my husband managed to work with his employers and achieved a satisfactory resolution to the problem.
Mrs Deborah Garrand
Lowe and Co Solicitors
I would highly recommend reaching out to Rosine for any employment dispute. I contacted a few solicitors in the local area and Rosine really took the time to understand the claim. She is very approachable and contactable whilst knowledgable and professional. It can be challenging to comprehend and apply legal documents but Rosine explains indepth the options and solutions at each stage. Thank you to Rosine for all the assistance, advice, support and hard work she put into the claim. I am very pleased with our outcome.